Everyone can write — and learn to write better
Join our writing workshops — a nurturing community of writers where your best work will surface and grow.
Our creative writing groups for fiction and creative non-fiction — any kind of prose, including memoir — all inspire the confidence to unlock the words in your heart, plus teach you the tools of the craft.
See our schedule to reserve a place in Austin's only Amherst Writers & Artists group.
In any weekly meeting at the Writer's Workshop, you play while you learn what's powerful and effective about your natural writing voice. Through exercises and creative prompts offered during each meeting:
- We extend a writing community to include all levels of writing experience
- We spark new writing, work you can polish later, or simply take pleasure in its creative joy
- We share experiences from the writers at our table to learn and practice craft, improving our writing
We come together around our table in a safe and supportive environment. The Workshop and its members are devoted to helping our tales and talents blossom and bear fruit. We offer exercises to inspire and feed your desire, bolstered by only positive response, hearing what's memorable about each night's fresh writing. You see, until we know what's working in our writing, we have no business examining what does not.
- Weekly Creative Writing Workshops to produce stories and pages, plus time to hear response on polished stories
- New : Fall Creavity Kickstart Day Retreat — An October weekend to discover your powers that can unlock your flow
- New : Creativity Coaching — Get your book started, or keep it moving and improving, with personalized guidance
- Spaces Opening : Our second Monthly Creative Non-Fiction Group on Saturdays helps you make a memoir
Follow our new daily newspaper, The Writer's Stuff, to learn more about writing, publishing, and more.
Extend your dreams and stories week by week, month to month. Start up or kickstart a book. Get that novel or creative nonfiction work out of your head and heart, and onto the page. Set up a free evaluation meeting for creativity coaching services. Or use your Class Card to write at our weekly workshops on a flexible schedule. Open your writing life to a community that sparks art from your creative heart!
— Ron Seybold, Director