Everyone can write — and learn to write better
Join our writing workshops — a nurturing community of writers where your best work will surface and grow.
Our creative writing groups for fiction and creative non-fiction — any kind of prose, including memoir — all inspire the confidence to unlock the words in your heart, plus teach you the tools of the craft.
See our schedule to reserve a place in Austin's only Amherst Writers & Artists group.
In a weekly meeting at the Writer's Workshop, you play while you learn what's powerful and effective about your natural writing voice. Through exercises and creative prompts in each workshop meeting:
- We extend a writing community to include all levels of writing experience
- We spark new writing, work you can polish later, or simply take pleasure in its creative joy
- We share the experiences at our writing table to learn and practice craft, improving our writing
We come together around our table in a safe and supportive environment. The Workshop and its members are devoted to helping our tales and talents blossom and bear fruit. We offer exercises to inspire and feed your desire, bolstered by only positive response, hearing what's memorable about each night's fresh writing. See, until we know what's working in our writing, we have no business examining what does not.
- Weekly Creative Writing Workshops to produce stories and pages
- New : Creative Coaching — get your book started, or keep it moving and improving, with personalized guidance
- Spaces Open : Our Creative Non-Fiction Group shows you how to launch as well as expand your memoir
Extend your dreams and stories into a book, week by week, month to month. Get that novel or creative nonfiction book out of your head and heart, and onto the page. Or explore craft in our WriteSkills classes. Call upon your own Class Card to attend the weekly workshops on a flexible schedule. Open your writing life to a community that sparks art from your creative heart!
— Ron Seybold, Director