Growing Stories Every Day
Workshop clients enjoy
- Editing for manuscripts, synopses, and coaching
- Moderated workshop groups for developing novels and memoirs
- Weekly Creation Nights for guided writing to build stories together
It's a full-service workshop. Editing polishes books to ready them for submission to agents and editors. Workshop groups tune up a book. Coaching develops writing skills using your book as the subject. Creation Nights grow your writing.
Join a monthly workshop to develop a book in progress. We meet at our studio space on weekends. Writing and submitting to a workshop, plus responding to the work of others, develops stronger storytelling. Creative coaching and editing services also polish your work and shape it for publication. A new program, Finishing School, helps writers complete books, using the Amherst Writers & Artists methods.
My videos and our blog articles help you polish and develop writing. They support the coaching, creation groups, and the workshops. Begin with more ease. Finish what you begin. Create together with more fun.
— Ron Seybold, Director
The Creation Night experience
Writers at all levels create at the Workshop. In our evening Creation Groups you play while you learn what's powerful and effective about your writing voice. Through the Creative Spark exercises and prompts
- We grow new writing to polish and expand later. We aim writing at a project if we can, or just write for fun.
- Writers at our table learn and practice craft to improve and discover skills.
- Fellow writers will share only high notes about your just-created work. It's strengths-based response that helps grow your craft and explore writing.
Our debut edition of stories, poems, and prose from the Writers Workshop is a 56-page anthology from more than 20 Workshop writers. The stories and poems were launched during Workshop Creation Nights. Buy a copy at Austin booksellers Malvern Books and BookPeople, or order it here. A portion of the book's proceeds goes to support the Austin Bat Cave literacy in schools program.